WHO WE ARE
Medical EGuides T/A MEG Support Tools, with registered office and business address of: The Digital Depot, Thomas Street, Dublin, D08 TCV4, Ireland. The company is incorporated in the Republic of Ireland under company registration number 581747.
information we collect
Examples of information that is automatically collected include:
- Technical information from your smartphone or computer e.g. operating system, device type, features used on our apps, dates and times of interaction with our apps.
- Location information from GPS (only if you decide to opt in and enable certain features/functionality e.g. air quality index)
During the course of using our services or apps, you may have to option to link other third-party services with your account. If you choose to do this, you are authorising MEG to collect, store, and use information that you agreed these sites may share with us through their API.
BUSINESS TRANSFERS AND LEGAL REQUIREMENTS
As we develop as a business, there is a possibility that we may buy or sell businesses or assets. In the event of a corporate sale, merger, reorganisation, sale of assets, dissolution or other business-related event, your information may be part of the transferred assets.
If we receive a legal request for access to your information (e.g. from a court order, law enforcement authority, regulatory agency, etc.) we may disclose your information to the extent permitted by law. We may also share your information with legal advisors, consultants, or courts in order to protect and defend our rights and users of our services and apps.
THIRD PARTY ANALYTICS
Third party analytics providers that we work with are as follows:
Google Analytics – https://www.google.com/analytics/terms/gb.html
When you interact with our website (www.megsupporttools.com) we try to make that experience simple and meaningful. When you visit the website, our web server sends a cookie to the hard disk your computer. Cookies are small text files which are issued to your computer when you visit a website and which store and sometimes track information about your use of the site. For example, cookies are used to personalise web search engines and to store shopping lists of items a user has selected while browsing through a virtual shopping mall. A number of cookies we use last only for the duration of your web session and expire when you close your browser. Other cookies are used to remember you when you return to the site and will last for longer.
- Remember that you have visited us before; this means we can identify the number of unique visitors we receive. This allows us to make sure we have enough capacity for the number of users that we get.
- Collect statistical information about how you use the site (including how long you spend there) and where you have come to the site from. We collect this data so that we can improve the website and learn which parts are most popular with visitors.
- Improve speed site navigation and recognise your access rights on the site.
The site may, from time to time, contain links to external sites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or the content of such sites.
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION
We place great importance on the security of all PII associated with our users. We have security measures in place to attempt to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of personal information under our control.
MEG Support Tools is designed with stringent security protocols. It uses state-of-the art electronic surveillance and multi-factor access control systems. All data transport between your app and our servers is encrypted.
We use a risk management process based on a HIPAA template. It allows us to conduct an accurate and thorough assessment of the potential risks and vulnerabilities to the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of electronic protected health information held by MEG Support Tools, and also implement security measures sufficient to reduce risks and vulnerabilities to a reasonable and appropriate level to comply with HIPAA standards.
However, with any electronic transmission and storage of data comes risks and we cannot guarantee that our databases, or those of our third-party affiliates, will be 100% secure. There is also a risk of data being intercepted while being transferred over the internet. If there is a personal data breach, our data protection officer will report it to the competent Supervisory Authority without undue delay (not less than 72 hours after becoming aware of it). If a personal data breach is likely to result in a high risk to your rights and freedom, our Data Protection Officer will communicate the breach to you without delay.
You have a number of legal rights under the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). The following section explains your rights:
- Your organisation have a right to request a copy of data
- Your organisation have a right to erasure (delete), rectify, restrict, and object to the processing of data
- We are obligated under the GDPR to provide any requested information within one month of receiving a request. However, if a large number of requests are received or requests are complex, the time limit may be extended by a maximum of two further months.
- Your organisation have a legal right to access, rectify, erasure and object to the use of data free of charge. However, a reasonable fee may be charged for “repetitive requests”, ‘manifestly unfounded or excessive requests” or “further copies”.
- Your organisation have a right to the rectification of inaccurate data.
- Your organisation have a right to receive a copy of data in a structured, commonly used, machine readable format that supports re-use. Your organisation also have a right to transfer data from one controller to another without hindrance, and to store data for further personal use on a private device.
- If your organisations data was shared with a third party, then you have a right to request information about the identities of those third parties.
- Your organisation have a right to object to the processing of data for the process of direct marketing, including profiling.
- Your organisation have a legal right to not be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing which may significantly affect you, unless it is authorised by law or you explicitly consent and the appropriate safeguards are in place.
- Your organisation have a right to complain to the EU’s Data Protection Authority (DPA) if you think your rights have been infringed upon
We do not knowingly collect Information from children under the age of 14 through our apps. Our apps are intended for use by persons 18 years of age and older. If you discover that your child has been using our apps without your consent, or someone has been using the apps on behalf of your child without your consent, please contact us using the information below in the “Contacting Us” section and we will take steps to delete the information from our databases.
Please submit any questions, concerns or comments you have about this policy or any requests concerning your personal data to firstname.lastname@example.org or write to our Data Protection Officer at:
MEG Support Tools
The Digital Depot,